Sunday, May 22, 2016

Woot!

Just a short blog today about a couple of personal items.

Firstly, I received a very nice gift in the mail yesterday from an anonymous reader. They somehow managed to track down my Amazon Wishlist and ordered me an item from it!

Bully!
I have misplaced the gift note that came with it sometime in the last 24 hours, but it essentially said something along the lines of "From a fan of the blog, keep up the good work." If it was you, please let me know so I can thank you personally! I've added a wishlist link to the sidebar; not that I want or expect anything else! I do this blog purely for fun and to keep up on my own writing, but thank you all the same! Mostly I'm hoping that it'll give you good ideas for books to look into yourself; I add to it pretty regularly just in case you're looking for something to read up on yourself. As you might expect, it's mostly history books, but I do occasionally add non-fiction and a handful of other items as well.


The second thing is that the blog is doing surprisingly well. As of the time of writing I am getting pretty close to 1000 page views. Some of those are me looking at posts to make sure formatting went through correctly, but either way that's way more views than I had expected! Again, thank you so much for your support, it really means a lot to me. I haven't been posting as frequently as I would like (I am trying to shoot for a decent history-related post every few days at least) but I am going to redouble my efforts. If you have any suggestions for posts, please let me know!

Thirdly, As of the time that the bank opens tomorrow and transfers my payment, I have officially paid off my undergraduate loans! I'm still buried in ones from grad school, but regardless I feel extremely relieved not to have those payments to make anymore each month.

Anyway, that is it! See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment